Data Science & Analytics Master’s Degree
The DSA is designed with an in-depth, technically-rigorous core curriculum followed by domain-specialized emphasis area courses.
Advanced Big Data and Analytics tools and techniques are used throughout the program coursework. Courses are delivered online or on campus. Additionally, online students spend one week each spring on campus with faculty during an executive session.
“The goals of each student vary as widely as their backgrounds and experience. They are professionals that all see the value of data driven analysis and will each use these new skills to complement their areas of expertise.”
Data Journalism Faculty and Program Mentor
Master’s in Data Science and Analytics
The Master’s of Data Science and Analytics equips Data Scientists with the tools and skills to take on tomorrow’s challenges.
The program is designed for professionals that want to use data to enhance decision making and outcomes.
Core Courses Include:
- DATA SCI 7010: Introduction to Data Analytics
- DATA SCI 7020: Statistical and Mathematical Foundations for Data Analytics
- DATA SCI 8010 Data Analytics from Applied Machine Learning
- DATA SCI 8020: Big Data Security
- DATA SCI 7040: Big Data Visualization
- DATA SCI 8000: Data and Information Ethics
- DATA SCI 8080: Big Data Analysis Case Study
- DATA SCI 8090: Big Data Capstone
On-Campus MS students will complete the 16-week Fall group 8080 Case Study and 16-week group 8090 Capstone OR a Fall and Spring DATA SCI 8095 Thesis Research course for a total of 6 credits.
Online MS students will complete the 8-week Summer group 8080 Case Study and 16-week Spring group 8090 Capstone.